How much do you love lettuce wraps at PF Changs?
I am not going to tell you these are anywhere close because, really they are not.
But they were pretty easy, inexpensive and delicious.
Which usually are my qualifying factors for cooking something.
I found the recipe here.
As usual, I tweaked it just a little bit to work with what I had on hand.
1 chicken breast
1/3 onion, minced
2 tablespoons shredded carrots
salt & pepper
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 Tablespoons soy sauce
1 Tablespoon vinegar
1 Tablespoon oil
1 Tablespoon peanut butter
1/2 Tablespoon water
1/2 Tablespoon honey
1/4ish teaspoon of red pepper flakes
1/4 cup chopped walnuts
4-5 large outer lettuce leaves, rinsed and patted dry
1. Cut the chicken up into small pieces, add to the frying pan with a little oil.
2. Chop up the onions, garlic, walnuts and carrots and add them to the pan.
3. Mix the soy sauce, vinegar, peanut butter, water, and honey in a separate bowl.
4. Once the chicken mixture is all cooked, add the sauce mixture.
5. Serve with lettuce leaves and rice on the side.