Image Map

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Satchels.

Pizza is my family's favorite food. 
All four children in my family have worked at a local SLC pizzeria. 
My dad eats there a couple times a week. 
We love it. 

Naturally, I had to find something comparable in Gainesville. 
I think I found my match. 
Satchel's Pizzeria. 
If you are ever near Gainesville, this restaurant is a must. 
The decor is so creative, they basically take loads of junk and make it look really incredible. 
They have a regular restaurant section, yes you can eat in that Volkswagen bus in the picture below
And they have a section outback that you can get take out and eat on tables back there. 
They have live music too. 

Obviously, taking my parents there was a must. 
And they loved it...



This is the back takeout area...


They have a little children's play area,
Horse shoes and hammocks to lay in too!
This fence is decorated with car lights... I love it!


They have this little shop area with so many fun nick-nacks.
My dad loved it because it reminded him so much of his childhood. 
He even bought a mini rubber chicken. 


They have the most amazing cream soda that has ever touched my tongue. 
Seriously, I haven't seen it anywhere else... have you?
Please tell me where to find it, I am an addict and I don't even really like soda.


This is a door inside the takeout area. 
It basically has a million cool little things glued to it to make it look cool. 
I love it, don't you?


A fountain is outback in the parking lot. 
It basically is a bunch of things cemented together. . .
this is where their creative is so incredible. 
It looks way more amazing in person.

My parents liked it so much that we went back for lunch yesterday too. 
Don't forget to try it if you are ever in Gainesville!

8 comments:

  1. Hello there, just became aware of your blog through Google, and found that it is truly informative.
    I am going to watch out for brussels. I'll appreciate if you continue this in future. Numerous people will be benefited from your writing. Cheers!
    Look at my weblog ... Smith Mountain Lake Virginia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum yum! Where did you guys work at in slc?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks way fun! Glad your parents could stop by... I'm a Mommy's girl and Daddy's girl too so I know how bad you can miss them! Even if for me the furthest away I've gotten is Provo. :) Where did you work in SLC?

    ReplyDelete
  4. stop it, pizza is my favorite.
    my goal is to work in a pizza shop in italy, not even kidding.
    where did you work in slc? im going now.

    K

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want my husband to go visit the place he served super bad. Then...I'll most definitely keep this wonderful-looking place in mind!

    amanda @ we and serendipity

    ReplyDelete
  6. okay, this sounds like an awesome place. and if your family likes it, i know its good. i remember all those days at Big Apple haha. you are making me want to come out for a visit to gainesville more and more.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My mouth is now watering. Our family looooooves good pizza. The decorations there are great!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Satchels!! I could probably walk around exploring for hours. The last time I went I even learned that you could play bocce ball in an area out back!
    Also, if you don't own one of their plastic pizza cutters you need one! It works so much better than fancy metal ones and cost like $2!

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear from you! Thanks for stopping by :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...