Image Map

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Scrumptious Wednesday: Chicken Enchiladas


Chicken Enchiladas are a regular in our home and anytime we go out for mexican. 
My main recipe comes from my mother's enchiladas
and every time I make it, I add something different to change it up. 
I thought I would share it with you because it is super simple and delicious!

Ingredients: 
soft corn tortillas (5 inch round)
my mom uses the uncooked Costco tortillas which are delightful but there is no Costco here. 
Chicken Breast
Mozzarella cheese
Enchilada Verde Sauce
Salsa 
Sour cream

Directions: 
1. You can boil the chicken if you'd like but I prefer to slow cook it all day. 
I put 1 chicken breast (usually 1= 6 enchiladas so alter this for how much you need) 
in the crock put and cover it with salsa-- cook it on high for 2 hours or low for 4-5 hours.
Shred chicken when it is done cooking. 
2. Cook tortillas lightly in a pan
3. Take 1 tortilla and add approximately 2-3 Tablespoons of shredded chicken, 1-2 Tablespoons 
of mozzarella cheese and 1 Tablespoon of Enchilada sauce-- wrap up like an enchilada.
(the sauce is where I always change my recipe-- sometimes I add salsa and sour cream to the inside too)
4. Coat the bottom of the dish with sauce, put each wrapped up tortilla in the pan side by side. 
5. Cover the enchiladas with more sauce and sprinkle with left over Mozzarella. 

Cover with tin foil and Bake @ 400 degrees for 30 minutes
I usually like to take the tin foil off for the last 5 minutes to make them a little crispy. 

Enjoy!

Don't forget to enter my twenty-five winner giveaway!!

18 comments:

  1. I need to cook more at home. I am so lazy! This looks delious!

    Thanks for being my newest follower today! I am glad to say that I am yours too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i swear every time i come to your blog it makes me hungry.

    K

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this. SO easy. SO delicious. Who needs to know you didn't spend hours in the kitchen?

    When I make this, I sub the sour cream with greek yogurt - makes me feel like I'm being more "healthy." Thanks for reminding me about such a great recipe - must do this week!
    Kaylynn
    colbkayandtrae.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look awesome! Will have to put on my menu. Found you from the blog hop.

    ReplyDelete
  5. making these the day I get home from vacation. even at 7:30 in the morning, these look DELICIOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness, these look absolutely delicious! Anything with chicken and cheese in is a winner in my book! xx

    Almost Delightful

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for following my wee blog tips blog. I am following you right back. It would be super if you followed my main blog, Carole's Chatter as well! Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, those sound delicious! I think I need to try making them! Your blog looks so fun, I'm excited to be a new follower :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those look super yummy! Where do you live that there is no Costco? I can't imagine lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yum!!!! It's been sooooo long since I've had enchiladas... you're making me crave some! :P

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, these look delicious!!! I second the above comment... sad that you have no Costco... I love that place!

    Emily
    http://faithmusicandbedtimestories.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. This recipe is WAYYYYY easier than the one I made. THANK YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  13. this looks really nice for dinner and parties! Would really love to try out the enchiladas:)
    would you like to follow each other?
    A
    xx
    http://epiquemoi.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  14. Going on my meal planning list this week... yum!

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear from you! Thanks for stopping by :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...