Image Map

Monday, November 26, 2012

A fabulous day of Thanks.

Our Thanksgiving break was like a dream.
Yes, I would have given anything to be home with my family 
but I think we did a pretty good job here in Florida. 

We started out with a lovely one-night stay in Jacksonville Beach, just two hours away. 
Yes, we wore our swimsuits in the car.. it was supposed to be 70's!
It was in the 70's but the wind was crazy...
Photobucket
  
So we did what anyone would do...
we hunted for sea shells!
There were so many shells everywhere, I felt like a little kid on a treasure hunt.
Photobucket

So many beautiful colors too.
We collected a bunch to put in a vase in our home, be excited!
 Photobucket  

We rushed home Thursday morning to start making our share of the food.
I made the most delicious rolls (thanks to my sister's mother-in-law's recipe)
and a pumpkin pie- don't know why I didn't take a photo. 
Photobucket

This fabulous group of people was our Thanksgiving family. 
We are so blessed to have such wonderful people close by.
(I know the picture quality is no bueno.. gotta love self timers!)
Photobucket

That night we totally went shopping.. don't judge. 
I LOVE black Friday, I don't know why- I just get so excited about it every year!
We went to Walmart and Target. 
We ended up with 18 DVD's and the game Catch phrase.
Best deal: We got all 8 Harry Potter's on DVD for $16!!
I was so proud of our mad shopping skills. 

Friday we decided we needed to exercise off some of the many calories we had for the holiday.
So naturally we went on a 30 mile bike ride.. 
the things I do for my husband. 
Photobucket

I hope your thanksgiving break was fabulous 
and have you entered my twenty-five winner giveaway yet??
do it, now! 

14 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos! And what lovely sea shells. Glad you had a great Thanksgiving weekend!

    Meg

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! I love all of your photos - the one of you holding the shells is probably my favorite. The red and white speckled shells always make me smile when I find them. :) Happy belated Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photos! Thank you so much for checking out my blog and for your sweeet comments. Great blog, I am your newest follower:)
    Brittney

    ReplyDelete
  4. you two are so darling..i'm glad you had a great thanksgiving in florida! missed you at home, but hopefully we can see you over christmas when we're both back!! the rolls look amazing, way to go! love you! Xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love JAX beach! I love Florida! My best friend moved down there 2 summers ago so I am in the Jacksonville area often. Thanks for the follow and I look forward to following your posts! Have a happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love pics of the beach and seashells! Thanks for sharing! Thanksgiving in Florida does sound like a dream :)
    And a 30 mile bikeride?! I had to read that twice! You go girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The beach and dinner with friends. Sounds perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ha! I live in Jax and sit with my kids on that beach every summer:) Glad you had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. ALL 8 HP MOVIES FOR $16???!!!! I'm so dang jealous!!!!!!! Glad you enjoyed your Florida thanksgiving. Looks like you had a great time in JAX. Love that place.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Way to make Thanksgiving great! Seeing all those shells makes me jealous. I love hunting for shells.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for stopping by my blog and following happy to do the same .
    look at those shells soooo pretty all i see is RED dirt everyday haha.the nearest beach is about 5 hours away .
    as Im in Australia we dont really celebrate thanksgiving but after all the posts ive been reading i thinks its just lovely and something we should do next year.
    hugs xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like a fabulous time. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Props for working out after Thanksgiving! It's always on my 'to do' list but I never to make it around to it! haha

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can't believe you went to the beach over Thanksgiving...officially so jealous!

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear from you! Thanks for stopping by :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...