Image Map

Sunday, October 14, 2012

My Guardian Angel.

today. 
I am celebrating the life of my incredible Grandfather. 
It would be his birthday if he were still in earth
but Heaven needed him back just 18 short days before my wedding,
almost two years ago.  


Dear Grandpa
- Thank you for finding the most amazing wife to be my grandmother. 

-Thank you for never giving up when life was hard and having muscular dystrophy wasn't easy. 

-Thank you for taking me on Grandpa rides and letting me 'pretend to drive'

-Thank you for being my favorite lunch date so many times.

-Thank you for sharing your strong testimony with me, it helps me more than you will ever know. 

-Thank you for your love of games and always letting me win. 

-Thank you for cherishing family. 

-Thank you for being at my wedding like you promised, I could certainly feel your spirit. 

-Thank you for all the times you came to support me in everything I did. 

-Thank you for the countless times we played the candy game- you were so good at it!

-Thank you for pinching my cheeks, always. 

Most of all:
-Thank you for being my best friend, number one fan and my guardian angel. 


Today we are celebrating you by 
making delicious homemade rocky road ice cream
and
playing pass the pigs. 

I love you so much!

8 comments:

  1. What a sweet tribute to your grandfather, and what an awesome man he sounds to be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that picture is so cute! he looked like he was a sweet guy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just miss my grandpa now :'(

    come and see my blog
    xo,
    gitasyalala.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. this made me tear up! grandparents are definitely special people in our lives, your grandpa sure seemed like a great one to have!

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a lovely post! i was super close to my grandmother and i miss her dearly. thanks for visiting my blog last week :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a wonderful letter to your grandpa! i think playing pass the pigs and eating rocky road ice cream is a terrific way to celebrate and remember him

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is the sweetest thing ever! Following back ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just read this and started to cry. I am so glad you got to have an amazing grandfather like him. I lost my grandfather last year and I know how hard it is some days! May His strength comfort you and bring you joy :) xox

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear from you! Thanks for stopping by :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...